SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (.NET Core/Angular)
Who is MarshallZehr?
MarshallZehr (“MZ”) is an industry leader in the alternative lending market for high-quality real estate construction and development, headquartered in Waterloo, ON.
Since 2008, MZ has tailored flexible financing solutions for builders, while delivering strong and stable returns for our lenders. Our team of tenacious, dedicated and passionate professionals leverage deep industry experience and leading-edge technology to service our clients, match their needs, and protect capital at every stage.
We are looking for a senior software developer to join the software team at MarshallZehr. The software team drives our business forward by building new technology and products that enable MarshallZehr to reshape our industry and drive better outcomes for our lenders and borrowers.
This is a new team for us – we have previously used external vendors to build our product. That means you will be a big influence on the culture of our team, get to decide how we evolve our tech stack, and are a crucial voice in our roadmap.
We are in the midst of launching our syndicated mortgage management software to the public, after using it for many years internally. You will get to lead the team through hardening the software, adding metrics, tuning performance, polishing the user experience, and responding to user feedback to help us build a product our customers cannot live without.
In your role as Senior Software Developer at MarshallZehr, you will be:
- Defining the technical architecture of our product, and creating a technical roadmap that incorporates new/better technologies when then provide value
- Developing applications and services in .NET and Angular
- Testing your work (including writing automated tests) so that our product is stable and reliable
- Creating prototypes of new applications and services
- Mentoring and training junior developers
- Participating in and improving our development processes, from code review to sprint planning and retrospectives
We are open to making this a team lead role for the right candidate – and able to mentor strong senior developers looking to take on more leadership responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate, self-directed developers with experience in web application development. We are looking for a few senior developers to help us round out the team and help guide our technical direction.
Our tech stack consists of .NET Core services and an Angular 10 front-end, with SQL Server as our back-end data store. We are pursuing technologies like Docker, Terraform, and Prometheus to level up our operations and create a great development experience. We use GitLab for… everything.
We are looking for candidates with either front-end, back-end, or full-stack experience:
- Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree/diploma is preferred; we will also consider candidates with sufficient and similar practical experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional development experience; more is better, but we look for skills rather than time served
- Significant FRONT-END experience…
- With Angular or related web application frameworks (React, Vue)
- Architecting web applications – modules, internationalization, CSS frameworks, CDNs
- …and/or BACK-END experience
- With .NET Core or related web application frameworks (node.js, Go, Java)
- With C#, SQL, and dozens of config formats (JSON, YAML, TOML, etc)
- Architecting back-end monolithic and micro-services – and the insight on when to select each
- Experience writing automated tests, using the appropriate framework for the software you are building (Jest/Cypress/Mocha/NUnit/etc)
- Experience with CI/CD systems and how to use them to accelerate development
- Working knowledge of user experience – empathy for users and an ability to turn requirements into working software
- Working knowledge of running web services in production – hosting, monitoring, logging, configuring servers, cloud services
- Experience with Docker and related container/orchestration technologies is an asset
- You are comfortable working in a high-paced, high-quality environment – moving fast while also building reliable products
- You make your own success – you dive in and solve problems without hesitation
- You enjoy critique – you view code reviews, retrospectives, and feedback both as a great learning opportunity and a way to share your knowledge with others
To apply for this opportunity, please click below and send a short email along with your resume.