Who is MarshallZehr?
MarshallZehr (“MZ”) is an industry leader in the alternative lending market for high-quality real estate construction and development, headquartered in Waterloo, ON.
Since 2008, MZ has tailored flexible financing solutions for builders, while delivering strong and stable returns for our lenders. Our team of tenacious, dedicated and passionate professionals leverage deep industry experience and leading-edge technology to service our clients, match their needs, and protect capital at every stage.
MZ has a dynamic, fast-moving working environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves on performance excellence through a highly-collaborative approach, with emphasis on succeeding as a team.
We are looking for software developers to join the Innovation Team at MarshallZehr. The Innovation Team drives our business forward by building new technology and products that enable MarshallZehr to reshape our industry and drive better outcomes for our lenders and borrowers.
This is a new initiative for us. That means you will have a significant influence on the culture of our team, a chance to steer how we evolve our tech stack, and will be a crucial voice in our roadmap trajectory. You’ll be a founding member of a new wave of innovation at MarshallZehr!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate, self-directed developers with experience in back-end, front-end, or full-stack development. Our team will have a mix of experience levels, so we are open to both Junior and Senior/Architect candidates – and those in between.
Our tech stack consists of ASP.NET microservices and a couple Angular 7+ front-ends, with SQL Server as our back-end data store. We are pursuing technologies like Docker, Terraform, and Prometheus to level up our operations and create a great development experience. We use GitLab for… everything.
We are looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
• Experience writing single-page web applications, ideally responsively for desktop and mobile
• Experience with Angular or related web application frameworks (React, Vue)
• Experience with writing UI unit tests (Jest/Cypress/Mocha/ etc)
• Comfortable architecting web applications – modules, internationalization, CSS frameworks, CDNs
• Working knowledge of user experience – empathy for users and an ability to turn requirements into user interfaces
• Experience writing back-end monolithic and micro-services – and the insight to choose which approach is best for each circumstance
• Experience with ASP.NET or related web application frameworks (node.js, Go, Java)
• Experience writing back-end unit and performance tests
• Experience with Docker and related container/orchestration technologies
• Comfortable writing C#, SQL, and dozens of config formats
• Comfortable writing API docs for the services you build
• Comfortable architecting web services – for scalability, reliability, and for rapid development
• Working knowledge of running web services in production – hosting, monitoring, logging, configuring servers, cloud services
• Education: Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree/diploma is preferred; we will also consider candidates with sufficient and similar practical experience
• Experience with CI/CD systems and their use in back-end or front-end development
• Comfortable working in a high-paced, high-quality environment – moving fast while also building reliable products
• Make your own success – you dive in and solve problems without hesitation
• Enjoy critique – you view code reviews, retrospectives, and feedback both as a great learning opportunity and a way to share your knowledge with others
Please provide your resume below.